BioEnterprise is active at the federal, state and regional levels as an advocate for supporting the growth of biomedical, biotechnology and healthcare IT/services and entrepreneurial communities. As a catalyst for the region's biomedical clusters, BioEnterprise is proud to be a partner in a number of transformative community projects, including:
- Cleveland Health-Tech Corridor: BioEnterprise and Midtown Cleveland are leading the development of the Cleveland Health-Tech Corridor, a prime location for biomedical, healthcare, and technology companies looking for proximity to world-class medical institutions, universities, incubators, and business services. The HTC includes facilities with space suited for all stages of company development.
- Company Attraction: BioEnterprise works closely with JobsOhio and TeamNEO to expand and attract biomedical companies to the Cleveland region. The focus is placed on companies in the medical imaging, orthopedic, cardiovascular, and neurodevice segments, as well as companies already established in the Cleveland region.
The H.I.T. Accelerator is designed to speed the growth of emerging healthcare IT companies in the Cleveland region by providing access to targeted customers and support for continued product and company development. Companies participating in the H.I.T. Accelerator will receive valuable feedback and insights on their products and services from IT executives at leading regional healthcare institutions. To read more about the H.I.T. Accelerator and to submit a product or service for evaluation, click here
The Choose Ohio initiative is designed to accelerate the growth of Ohio-based life science companies by providing access and promotion to supply chain decision-makers at Ohio’s largest medical centers. The initiative creates a platform for Ohio-based life science companies to present market-ready products and services for initial sales. Through the initiative, Ohio’s medical centers have access to new products and services developed in Ohio while also advancing the innovation culture in Ohio. For more information and an application to present to the Choose Ohio initiative, click here
- Translational Research Institutes: The research and clinical institutions, supported by significant State of Ohio funding, namely the $2.3 Billion Third Frontier Program, have created a number of distinctive, translational research and commercialization institutes.
- Cleveland Medical Mart & Convention Center: A dedicated medical education and convention center that is scheduled to open in 2013. The facility expects to host over 100 medical conventions and meetings each year providing a platform for regional companies and entrepreneurs to interact with national customers.
- Workforce Development Programs: Regional institutions of higher learning have developed new training and degree programs to support the development of the biomedical industry. The links are below: